SAKE – ORIGINS, STANDARDS, STYLES, FLAVORS
Sake is a clear alcoholic beverage which is made from fermented rice and water. The beverage has been popularly produced and consumed in Japan and it is said that sake is an important part of the Shinto religion and contemporary Japanese culture.
Cordials & While rice is the main ingredient in its production, the quality of water is no less significant in brewing good sake. In Japan, “Sake” is a term which would mean beverages in general. The closest phonetic sound for “Sake” is SAH-keh. But the specific term for sake is Nihonshu, pronounced as nee-HON-shoo, which is the same as the Japanese liquor.
Bartending School online ? Yes. Mixology school ? Yes, we’re that too.
What Will You Learn?
- An in-depth understanding of all types of Sake
- Sake’s origins
- Production methods & regions
- Flavor identification
- The ability to pair straight Sake of all types & cocktails with food and cigars
- Skills in selecting Sake
- Knowledge in mixing Sake into great cocktails
- No existing alcohol or Sake knowledge is required
- All individuals wishing to drink alcohol must be of legal age where they reside This course does not condone underage drinking in any capacity.
- This course is designed for those want to learn more about Sake & how to better select and enjoy it.
- Students are encouraged to sample Sake throughout this course, but no equipment is required
Who is the target audience?
- Novice alcohol enthusiasts
- Those who enjoy Sake wanting advanced knowledge for better selection & enjoyment
- Anyone interested in alcohol
- Mixologists, Bartenders, Servers & those in the hospitality industry that serve Sake
Want to learn more?
Bartender school online can be more than learning what’s in an Old Fashioned. There’s so much more.
Class is in Session. Drink Up!