TEQUILA – ORIGINS, STANDARDS, STYLES, FLAVORS
The beverage, originated in the city bearing its name in Mexico, which lies about 40 miles northwest of Guadalajara. The City of Tequila is located in the highlands of Jalisco, a western Mexican state. Tequila the beverage is a distilled alcohol made from the blue agave plant.
The blue agave plant grows very well in the volcanic red soil of the region. More than 300 million plants are harvested annually. The way agave grows depends on the region it is from. The highlands region offers blue agaves that are larger and sweeter in taste and scent. Lowland agaves have an herbaceous aroma and flavor.
What Will You Learn?
- An in-depth understanding of all types of Tequila
- Tequila’s origins
- Production methods & regions
- Flavor identification
- The ability to pair straight Tequila of all types & Tequila cocktails with food and cigars
- Skills in selecting Tequila
- Knowledge in mixing Tequila into great cocktails
- No existing alcohol or Tequila knowledge is required
- All individuals wishing to drink alcohol must be of legal age where they reside This course does not condone underage drinking in any capacity.
- This course is designed for those want to learn more about Tequila & how to better select and enjoy it.
- Students are encouraged to sample Tequila throughout this course, but no specialist equipment is required beyond the spirit to enjoy
Who is the target audience?
- Novice alcohol enthusiasts
- Those who enjoy Tequila wanting advanced knowledge for better selection & enjoyment
- Anyone interested in alcohol
- Mixologists, Bartenders, Servers & those in the hospitality industry that serve Tequila
Want to learn more?
How many types of Tequila are there? We know of two bartender schools that never even mention it. Not your average online bartender school.
Class is in Session. Drink Up!